Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Worst date ever?

ESPN keeps running commercials for an all-you-can-eat restaurant chain that I've never heard of before called Golden Corral. The commercial proudly touts Saturday night as both "date night" and the "beef lovers dinner": all-you-can eat meats, buffet style. ("Meats" plural.)
If I were a young woman, I don't think that I could imagine a worse date. Spending a Saturday night (while my friends are all having fun at a bar) sitting at an almost empty "buffet-style" restaurant called the "Golden Corral" with a guy literally eating himself sick, and later, when he's "finished," having to drive him home while he periodically moans and complains loudly of "meat poisoning." Then to top it all off, being left to wait apprehensively for what's going to happen when he ultimately pulls himself off the sofa and heads to the bathroom.

And if I was a young single guy, I'd only suggest that if I had lost absolutely all interest in that girl, but couldn't quite bring myself to break it off....
Don't believe me? Try the following test. Watch this 1 minute You Tube video taken at a Golden Corral. I challenge you to try to think about sex the entire time. Go ahead, just try....


And for the truly (fool)"hearty," here's another one of a young man after having eaten there, who doesn't seem to be in the mood for love...


No comments:

Post a Comment