- She refers to Edwards as "Johnny" throughout the interview and says that they slept together the first night they met.
- After giving his infamous TV interview during which he denied unequivocally that he could be the father of Hunter's baby and insisted that his wife, Elizabeth, was the only woman he'd ever loved, John Edwards apparently called Hunter. "And I said, 'Ouch, that hurt.' And he said, 'I'm sorry.' And 'It doesn't mean anything.' And it didn't. I know he loves me. I have never had any doubt at all about that. We love each other very much. And that hasn't changed, and I believe that will be till death do us part. "
- She asserts that John Edwards had other extra-marital affairs in prior years and that his wife was aware of at least some of them.
- About John Edwards' highly-publicized failings, "Most of his mistakes or errors in judgment were because of his fear of the wrath of Elizabeth. He's allowed himself to be pushed into a lot of things that he wouldn't normally do because of Elizabeth's story line. And the spin that she wants to put out there. He was emasculated. And you know, the wrath of Elizabeth is a mighty wrath."
- At one point in the interview, she's asked whether they've ever discussed wedding plans. The way she phrases her response is interesting. "No. To date [laughs], we have not spoken about any wedding plans."
Monday, March 15, 2010
John Edwards' mistress Rielle Hunter has now spoken publicly about the scandal for the first time, in an interview with GQ magazine. It also includes a few current photos of her that are a a little surprising (like her sitting on a bed wearing only a man's dress shirt). You can read the article HERE. A few interesting relevations in the article include: