Friday, October 9, 2009

Harry Connick, Jr. On Australian TV

I met Harry Connick, Jr. once. It was at Mardi Gras in New Orleans in 1993. He was the king of the Bacchus parade that year. The parade ended with a black tie ball at the convention center. At one point during the ball I got up from our table and wandered over to check out the elaborate train of parade floats that was parked inside. And it was then that I ran into him in passing. Well, actually, I clumsily interjected myself as he was talking with a young woman (whom he married a year later). I was already a fan of his, and I had been celebrating with friends for several hours, so I was more talkative than I should have been. But he was incredibly gracious about it all.

Yesterday Harry Connick, Jr. made news because of his similarly gracious (but firmly disapproving) response to some performers on an Australian variety show who were dressed in black face. Here's the 1 minute segment about it from NBC news last night:

No comments:

Post a Comment