"[T]he conservative Heritage Foundation released a study by Robert Rector and Rachel Sheffield last year. Among its findings:
- 80% of poor families have air conditioning.
- 92% have a microwave.
- Almost two-thirds have cable or satellite TV.
- More than half of poor households with children have a video game system.
- Half of poor households have a computer and 43% have Internet access.
- A third have a plasma or LCD TV, and a quarter have a digital video recorder"
You can read more on MSN Money HERE.