Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Final "Andy Rooney" This Sunday

A couple of years ago I shifted to watching CBS's 60 Minutes online, instead of on TV, because I found that I enjoyed only about 1 in every 3 stories they did.  On the CBS News website you can watch the show story-by-story with only one 30 second commercial.  As a result, it's been a while since I've seen an Andy Rooney segment.

I've watched 60 Minutes pretty regularly for the better part of 25 years, and I even liked Andy Rooney well after many others called him "tired" or "annoying."  But this 30 second segment from the NBC Nightly News, about the announcement yesterday that this Sunday would be the 92 year old Rooney's final appearance on the show, came as little surprise (if a bit of a shock).

It did make me wonder, though, what was the unspoken, triggering event for his abruptly-announced retirement now.


No comments:

Post a Comment